Thursday, October 28, 2010

Combatting "Recumbutt"

After couple hours in the saddle of my Cannondale Bent I, my butt started to become uncomfortable. I would try to shift it around, but the dull pain feeling kept on returning. I developed a "recumbutt".

Next day I went for a ride, and a recumbent butt returned in about 45 minutes. Wow, sore butt is back so quick!

Next day I just rode around town - quick runs to work, home, to the store. Not enough time for sore butt.

On the fourth day I went for a longer ride again, and sore butt was back, but it took more than an hour to occur.

Eureka!

I think it is all about conditioning your butt. More riding will make your butt muscles stronger, and you will be able to sit in a saddle (or on a piece of foam in my case) longer.

I also look forward to a lower, more weight distributing seat in a future. Like a BodyLink seat from HP Velotechnik...

No comments:

Post a Comment