Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Street Machine Diaries - seat adjustments & kickstand

Since I got my Street Machine couple weeks ago, I have been trying to figure out the "best" riding position.

I have been playing with seat length and the recline angle adjustments.

I had problems with my neck not being supported at first, and was tempted to purchase the headrest. However, today I was fine tuning the length adjustment on the seat, and came across the position which is reasonably comfortable, especially when the seat is in the about 75% reclined position. I will adjust the seat some more, but I am getting much closer to a comfortable ride. I need to find a point where the seat angle is curving my back in such a way were my head is up, comfortable and can turn side to side easily.

I experimented with laying the head back all the way, but that way you can not turn left and right and there is quite a bit of stress on the neck muscles.

I got the chainstay mounted kickstand, and I can not get it up when seated on the bike. Starting to ride is quite a bit of a balancing act. First, get the kickstand into "up" position. Then, while balancing the bike by left handlebar, straddle the bike around the boom, sit down, click in right cleat into the pedal and press off. I think if the bike was fully loaded for touring, I would be having balancing issues. I hope that the lowrider pannier rack mounted kickstand can be reached and flicked up with the foot AFTER sitting down. I could flick up the kickstand after sitting down on my Cannondale Bent, I didn't even think I could not do it on Street Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment